We are expanding our team and are looking for someone who will work with us as a Store Associate.
Good Goods Co. is about collective success and community betterment. We work closely with an array of talented businesses and work to represent them well in our communities. We exist to help small businesses reach their potential and shape the future of how we consume. As a Store Associate, you will be working closely with our team and co-founders, providing a positive environment for our retail store and supporting the micro-to-small businesses whose products shape our culture and community.
We are a small team that covers many different roles. We are dedicated to growing and learning. Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and excellent organizational skills support the work we do. We are passionate about the community we serve and enjoy accomplishments as a team.
You will be responsible for the collation and presentation of customer orders and the customer experience, inventory management, and store sales support (both online and in-store). In this part-time, role, your work will represent our small business brands and contribute to the vibrancy of our community. We’re looking for someone who is detail oriented and enthusiastic about delivering high quality results. It’s important that you’re a champion of our community, working to be well organized, meticulous, resourceful, and independent.
The Store Associate will:
- Be honest, reliable, detail oriented, organized, and enthusiastic
- Be able to perform moderate lifting (up to 40lbs)
- Be willing to work flexible hours and able to accommodate seasonal demands
- Stay knowledgeable on our growing product assortment
- Be open to supporting various activities which may include deliveries, pop-ups and community engagement (as needed both on-site and off-site)
- Desire to work in a startup fast-paced, process driven, and positive environment
- Be resourceful and a self-starter
- Understand the importance of the customer experience
- Be a leader and navigate issues using positive and effective resolution techniques
- Be able to work independently and alone
- Be 18+ years of age
To be successful, you should have:
- Experience working independently in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work in a team and facilitate networking opportunities
- Enthusiasm for delivering value to customers
- Proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft programs and Google sheets
- Exemplary organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Good communication skills (clear and professional)
- A kind and engaged collaborator
- Valid Driver's Licence
Additional Qualifications that could be considered an asset include:
- Experience working with small businesses
- Experience process driven work environments
- Student working towards a degree or diploma with a Canadian Accredited Institution
- Experience working with an eCommerce platform
- Understanding of socially responsible companies and their impact
- ProServe Certification
What you can expect from us:
Here at Good Goods Company, we are dedicated to the pursuit of betterment and community development. We believe in the vibrancy that comes from having interesting and diverse small businesses working here within our community. We also know that to be our best selves, we need to ensure there is balance and life as well. From our team, you can expect:
- Company perks
- Subsidized alternative transportation (public transit, biking, rollerblading, etc.)
- To work with a supportive, collaborative and overall awesome team
- Have fun in a startup environment and building up small businesses
We believe that strong teams yield the greatest results and we look forward to working with someone that will contribute to a positive team environment. If you feel you are a good fit, we are excited to meet you!
Please send in your cover letter and resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.
Closing Date: Until Filled